Success with STEM is an essential resource, packed with advice and ideas to support and enthuse all those involved in the planning and delivery of STEM in the secondary school. It offers guidance on current issues and priority areas to help you make informed judgements about your own practice and argue for further support for your subject in school. It explains current initiatives to enhance STEM teaching and offers a wide range of practical activities to support exciting teaching and learning in and beyond the classroom.
Illustrated with examples of successful projects in real schools, this friendly, inspiring book explores:
- Innovative teaching ideas to make lessons buzz
- Activities for successful practical work
- Sourcing additional funding
- Finding and making the most of the best resources
- STEM outside the classroom
- Setting-up and enhancing your own STEM club
- Getting involved in STEM competitions, fairs and festivals
- Promoting STEM careers and tackling stereotypes
- Health, safety and legal issues
- Examples of international projects
- An wide-ranging list of project and activity titles
Enriched by the authors’ extensive experience and work with schools, Success with STEM is a rich compendium for all those who want to develop outstanding lessons and infuse a life-long interest in STEM learning in their students. The advice and guidance will be invaluable for all teachers, subject leaders, trainee teachers and NQTs.