Making learning fun and interactive builds excitment for your social studies students. This book includes game-formatted activities for the study of Ancient Civilizations such as ancient Mesopotamia, Egypt, India, China, Greece, and Rome. These hands-on activities are aligned to state and national standards and supports college and career readiness skills. The hands-on lessons foster engagement, teamwork, creativity, and critical thinking. In addition to history-based lessons, this resource includes grading rubrics and ideas for assessment. The games in Hands-on History Activities will help you take an active approach to teaching while inspiring your students to make their own explorations of history.
About Shell Education
Rachelle Cracchiolo started the company with a friend and fellow teacher. Both were eager to share their ideas and passion for education with other classroom leaders. What began as a hobby, selling lesson plans to local stores, became a part-time job after a full day of teaching, and eventually blossomed into Teacher Created Materials. The story continued in 2004 with the launch of Shell Education and the introduction of professional resources and classroom application books designed to support Teacher Created Materials curriculum resources. Today, Teacher Created Materials and Shell Education are two of the most recognized names in educational publishing around the world.
- Promote an active learning environment
- Provide hands-on games that encourage student participation
- Combine exciting student-friendly activities with standards-based lessons
- Integrate ideas for class discussion that follow the National Council for History Education guidelines
- Incorporate assessment ideas and suggested rubrics to assess student progress