The American Educational 2130 rocks and minerals classroom collection is used for geological study, and has 50 specimens, including igneous, sedimentary, and metamorphic rocks, ores, gemstones, and minerals in the scale of hardness, for detailed examination. The collection is number-coded and includes a key sheet for identification. The 2130 has a compartmented tray for display and storage, with specimens that measure approximately 1.0 x 1.0 inches (L x W). (L is the horizontal distance from left to right; W is the horizontal distance from front to back.) Specimens in this collection may vary, based on availability at the time the product is packaged. The collection has a guide for instructional use or individual study, and is suitable for grades 5 to 12 and ages 10 to 18.
Science education products incorporate applied math and science principles into classroom and homeschool-based projects. Teachers in pre-K, elementary, and secondary classrooms use science education kits and products alongside science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) curriculum to demonstrate STEM concepts and real-world applications through hands-on activities. Science education projects include a broad range of activities, such as practical experiments in engineering, aeronautics, robotics, energy, chemistry, physics, biology, and geology.
American Educational Products, LLC, manufactures and supplies classroom materials and teaching tools for science and math education, as well as early childhood and active play products. The company, founded in 1986, is based in Fort Collins, CO.
What’s in the Box?
- American Educational 2130 Classroom Collection of Rocks and Minerals (Pack of 50)
- Key sheet
- Study guide
- Rocks and minerals classroom collection for geological study
- 50 specimens, including igneous, sedimentary, and metamorphic rocks, ores, gemstones, and minerals, for detailed examination
- Number coded with key sheet for identification
- Compartmented tray for display and storage
- Guide for instructional use or individual study